18 April 2022New website helps residents stay independent in their homes for longer

A modern and vibrant website has been designed to help keep residents independent in their homes longer and to improve the customer experience when seeking information about adult social care.

The website is in what’s called the ‘Beta’ phase at the moment; this means it is live and can be tested to gather feedback from residents to improve it further.

Adult social care’s new website includes more online tools that residents can use, such as a financial calculator and a community directory of support services.

For more information or to view the new website and give feedback, visit https://www.yourlifeyourway.uk or email yourlifeyourway@eastriding.gov.uk

To view the Your Life, Your Way video visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX8FekZj2FQ

15 December 2021Beverley and District Talking News

Beverley and District Talking Newspaper provides a weekly free CD with local news and magazine articles for those with sight loss, stoke or other condition making it difficult to read or hold a newspaper.

For further details pleae contact 01842 657073

14 December 2021Age UK Befrienders Needed

Talk, laugh and make a difference in your community.

Volunteer Befrienders provide regular friendship visits or telephone calls with the aim of reducing the feelings of social isolation and loneliness.

For more information on becoming a Volunteer Befriender, contact the Befriending Team:
Age UK Hull, Silvester House, Silvester Street, The Maltings, Hull HU1 3HA
01482 324644

15 November 2021Private Fostering

Private Fostering is when a child under the age of 16 (or under 18 if disabled) is being or it is intended that they are, looked after for more than 28 days by someone who is not a parent, person with parental responsibility or a close relative.

Private Fostering must be reported to the local authority, if you are a young person, family member, carer, or member of the public you can ring 01482 395500 or for more information visit https://www.erscp.co.uk/


04 November 2021Financial Support for Residents

The past 19 months has been a very unsettling time for many residents, with some people losing their job, furlough support ending and the temporary £20 uplift of universal credit and tax credits ending. There is financial help available for residents, which could ease some financial pressures.

To find out if you are eligable use the council’s online benefit calculator, at https://eastriding.entitledto.co.uk it’s free to use, anonymous and will help you see what benefits you can claim and tell you how to apply. If you need support to make an application, call  on (01482) 393939, however it is quicker to apply online using the links provided.

For more information on Financial Supprort please go to https://eastriding.gov.uk/financialinfo

26 October 2021Modification of the Definitive Map

East Riding Council is considering an application for a Modification of the Definitive Map regarding the footpath along Townend Road, running between Hunsley Road and Little Weighton Road. 

If you support the application and have used the route please complete the forms below and return to: Councillor Hearne, 25 All Hallows Road, Walkington, HU17 8SH.  If you require assistance please call Councillor Hearne on 01482 868310

User Evidence Form


If you are in objection to the application please download the letter below, complete the form at the bottom and return to: Martin Gore, 2 Shire View, Walkington, HU17 8TN.  If you require assistance please call Martin Gore on 01482 864430

Opposition Letter

23 September 2021Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Weekend 2022

Plans have been announced for The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Weekend and are available on the website https://www.royal.uk/platinum-jubilee-central-weekend

06 September 2021Countryside Code Update

Natural England have refreshed and updated the Countryside Code, please click on the following link to view and or download a copy.  

Countryside Code

For more information please visit the Countryside Code page on the .gov website: www.gov.uk/countryside-code

21 June 2021Free Employment Support Service

free employment support service image and link

Supporting you back into work

We can help you

  • Create a professional CV
  • Search for relevant jobs
  • Ace those interviews

For more information text INFO to 07419 988588

or visit the website at myjobcoach.co.uk

Funded by comminity grants 5

24 February 2019Community Speed Watch

Community Speed Watch is to be rolled out in Walkington

For more information go to: humberside-pcc.gov.uk

If you would like to be considered as a volunteer contact the Clerk:

Telephone: 01964 603220
Email: walkingtonparishcouncil@yahoo.co.uk
or use the contact form on this website


13 February 2019Gritting Facts

The sand/salt mix in the Grit Bins is supplied for residents to use on roads and footpaths.  It is not for residents to use on their own private drives!

Report empty Grit Bin to the East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Telephone: 01482 393939
Website: www.eastriding.gov.uk

sitemap | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement